You can only register with Tesco for collection activity if you are already registered with the Charity Commission, and have been for at least 2 years. You will need a Registered Charity Number to proceed.
Note: Tesco does not allow
- Collections for political causes
- Collections for international charities
- Collections for individual fundraising (e.g. sponsored walks/marathons/treks etc.)
- Collections conducted by third party professional fundraising agencies
- Selling, including raffle tickets, tombolas or cake sales
- Collection of customers' contact details or direct debit information
You must have public liability insurance for a minimum of £1 million in order to conduct a collection at Tesco.
Step 1: Registered Charity Number
Please enter your Registered Charity Number and click ‘Check’.
Remember to include leading zeroes (e.g. 0123456) and country prefixes (e.g. SC012345)